nakhoda's technological solutions include extraction capabilities, ranging from rule-based extraction to using algorithms for modelling predictive data extraction, workflow design, including approvals, analytics and comments, embedded legal expertise such as using document templates, negotiation functionality and other legal tools. Our technology actively leverages latest developments in machine learning, natural language processing and pattern recognition toolkits.
We understand that the effectiveness of any extraction technology fundamentally depends on domain knowledge and quality of data. Therefore, we go beyond frameworks or generic platforms to focus on building targeted products that solve today’s problems. We are meticulous in our approach, only deploying models after rigorous testing. Our extensive experience in building and deploying AI-based solutions allows us to advise you on whether and how technology can help and the deployment of the right solution for you.
This groundbreaking contract creation and negotiation software is being developed in partnership with the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA). The new platform will facilitate compliance with regulatory Initial Margin (IM) requirements as a wider universe of buy- and sell-side firms enter into the scope of the rules. And at its heart lies a core innovation by nakhoda: the ability to automate and use qualitative data today as flexibly as quantitive information was in the past.
The platform has several key advantages:
- Efficiency and speed: it allows firms to automate the creation and delivery of IM documentation, and negotiate and execute IM documentation with multiple counterparties simultaneously;
- Powerful commercial, risk and resource management: parties can embed their standard workflow and enable an audit trail, by allowing internal approvals to be requested and recorded through the platform. The data on the platform is stored digitally, and can be pulled into a firm's internal systems for storage and/or further use. It also removes the need for any post-execution transfer of data from negotiated documentation into internal systems and the chance for error during such a data transfer.
- Data and analytics: insight at every turn.
- Evolving and flexible: the platform is being built with the ability to evolve over time as market needs change. Other ISDA documents in complementary areas may be added in the future as required by users.
- ISDA Partners with Linklaters on Online Margin Document Negotiation Tool
- Linklaters and ISDA launch derivatives automation tool to tackle regulatory requirements
- ISDA Create - Initial Margin
LinkRFI is our award-winning product (FT Innovative Lawyers 2016, Legal Business Awards 2017) that helps ring-fenced banks comply with UK ring-fencing legislation.
By 2018 it had already automated the due diligence of over 2 million customer names for banking clients impacted by ring-fencing. Each customer name undergoes due diligence using embedded Linklaters legal logic, leading to a process which is quicker, more agile and more accurate than traditional diligence methods.